Maintenance Tech/ Janitor
Location: Boston Road, Billerica, MA
REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Because curb appeal is a #1 priority at Corcoran Management Company, the maintenance technician/ janitor has a very important job at Corcoran -- to assist the maintenance manager in maintaining the physical condition of the property inside and out. To do this job well, a maintenance technician must have working knowledge and experience in all of the trades – plumbing, electrical, painting, tiling, locksmithing. They will also be responsible for the physical upkeep of the common areas of the apartment buildings at the property including entryways, hallways, laundry rooms, clubhouses, and fitness centers.
In this position, the janitor has the ability to establish the first impressions of potential residents walking through the apartment buildings and clubhouse located on the property. These impressions can sometimes mean the difference between someone renting an apartment at our property and going next door to the competition. These skills are essential to satisfying the main objective of Corcoran Management Company - maintaining high occupancy at the apartment community.
The janitorial position is also an excellent entry-level position for someone interested in a career in residential property maintenance but lacking in the skills and technical education. Corcoran Management Company offers excellent training and advancement opportunities to qualified employees.
- Janitorial duties
- Resolve daily work order requests from existing residents and office staff
- Make-ready vacant apartments for occupancy
- Maintain or replace appliances, fixtures and switches
- Work with contractors as necessary
- Provide preventative and corrective maintenance throughout the property
- Inspect apartments, buildings and/or grounds as necessary
- Ensure that smoke detectors, circuit breakers, outlets and lights in common areas are working
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of pools and tennis courts
- Touch up paint
- Repair or replace window screens and glass
- Perform cosmetic repairs within apartments and common areas
- Organize stock and maintenance shop
- Tow and ticket cars as necessary
- Attend the Right-to-Know meeting on using hazardous chemicals
- Participate in rotation of on-call emergencies after hours, evenings and weekends, and mandatory snow removal
- Wear the necessary safety attire and/or use appropriate equipment
- Perform other duties as they arise
- Must submit to and pass Corcoran Management Company’s background screening as explained in the employment application.
- Must submit to and pass a Substance Abuse Screening as explained in the Corcoran Management Company’s Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection Policy.
- Must submit to and pass a Physical and Agility Test.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Must wear the appropriate attire provided for this position.