Location: Brockton Commons, Brockton, MA 02301
Reports to: PROPERTY MANAGER
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Rental Manager/Assistant Property Manager is responsible for three areas of management at the property. These areas are: Marketing, Administrative and Resident Relations.
- Maintaining high occupancy at the property.
- Developing and initiating marketing plans to attract new residents and maintain existing ones.
- Leasing apartments and overseeing the leasing of apartments by leasing consultants.
- Approving all rental applications.
- Maintaining current inventory of available apartments on apartment status report.
- Conducting and updating monthly market surveys of competitive properties.
- Collecting rents, posting to resident accounts and making deposits of rental payments.
- Inspecting as per company red dot policy.
- Coordinating with the Maintenance Manager the scheduling of painting, cleaning and other maintenance work associated with move-ins and move-outs.
- Preparing company and government agency documents/reports as required.
- Handling delinquent resident accounts in accordance with company policies.
- Executing lease renewals.
- Coordinating apartment inspection reports with Maintenance Manager.
- Preparing security and vandalism reports with Maintenance Manager and forward to Senior Management.
- Maintaining complete and current resident files in accordance with Corcoran Management Company’s policies and those of any regulatory agency involved.
- Overseeing the maintenance work order system and purchase order system.
- Performing site inspections with Maintenance Manager and Property Manager.
- Serving as the liaison between Corcoran Management Company and residents
- Serving as the liaison between the maintenance department and residents.
- Handling resident complaints and concerns regarding the property.
- Working with resident organizations
- Organizing activities for residents.
- Supervising activities of Recreation Coordinator, where applicable.
- Referring residents to social service agencies as needed, maintain up to date files of social services agencies in the local area.
- Performing other duties that may arise.
- Must submit to and pass a Substance Abuse Screening as explained in the Corcoran Management Company’s Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection Policy.
- Must pass Corcoran Management Company’s background screening as explained in the employment application.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Must wear appropriate office attire as described in the employee handbook.