RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
Location: Brockton Commons, Brockton, MA 02301
The Resident Services Coordinator reports to the Property Manager and works in collaboration with the Property Manager and Assistant Property Manager.
Major responsibilities include:
- Provide for the general case management (including intake) and referral services to all residents needing such assistance. Normally the formal case management (i.e., evaluation of health, psychological and social needs, development of an individually tailored case plan for services and periodic reassessment of the resident’s situation and needs) will be conducted by a community social service agency.
- Establish linkages with all agencies and service providers in the community; making every effort to determine/develop the best services for the price, to assure individualized, flexible, and creative services of the involved residents.
- Set up a directory of providers for use by staff and residents.
- Refer and link the residents to service providers in the general community. These are, for example, case management, personal assistance, homemaker, meals-on-wheels, transportation, counseling, occasional visiting nurse, preventative health screening/wellness and legal advocacy.
- Educate residents on service availability, application procedures, client rights, etc., providing advocacy as appropriate.
- Monitor the ongoing provision of services from community agencies and keep the case management and provider agency current with the progress of the individual. Manage the provision of supportive services where appropriate.
- Assist residents to build informal support networks w/other residents, family, friends.
Other duties may include:
- Set up volunteer support programs with service organizations in the community.
- Provide training to residents in the obligations of tenancy or coordinate such training.
- Educate other staff on the management team on issues related to aging in place and service coordination, to help them better work with and assist the residents.
- Develop case plans in coordination with community assessment services.
- Must submit to and pass Corcoran Management Company’s background screening as explained in the employment application.
- Must submit to and pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening as explained in the Corcoran Management Company’s Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection Policy.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Must wear the appropriate uniform provided for this position.