- SouthField 5K for Cancer Research
- CMC Bike Build for the Bridge Home
- Christmas drive for Toys for Tots
- Chelmsford 5K Reserach
Bringing Christmas to the Children of the Bridge Home at St. Mary's
Each holiday season, The Bridge Home at St. Mary's Center for Women & Children in Dorchester puts on a special day for many of the children who call it home. Sadly, many of these children who come from severe poverty or have experienced traumatic life experiences, never have gotten to celebrate a true Christmas. Right before Christmas, Corcoran employees take to local stores and purchase warm clothing, socks, shoes, and even fulfill a list of toy requests for the children of the Bridge Home. This year, we were honored to put a smile on the faces of these children who have gone through challenges in their early lives. CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO ST. MARY"S CENTER FOR WOMEN & CHILDREN
Some of the other amazing organizations that Corcoran partners with include:
- Birthday Wishes, Kent Village Apartments collects party items such as balloons, cups, hats, and more for a foundation that hosts birthday parties for homeless children.
- Care Package for Troops, Reading Commons collected socks, snacks, batteries, reading materials and other items to be delivered to troops serving their country overseas.
- Caritas, founded by Leo J. Corcoran, provides affordable housing for the working poor. Carol MacDonald, Executive Vice President currently serves on the Board of Directors. Corcoran employees participate in events for this charity. Over 24 boxes were collected to benefit 129 current residents of Caritas Communities!
- Cell Phones for Soldiers, Properties collect cell phones to provide deployed and returning troops with cost-free methods to communicate with their families while serving in the military.
- Father Bill's & Mainspring, Corcoran's property manager's participated in a team building exercise in a "Price is Right" theme. The end result, a large sum of canned good and other foods were donated to Father Bill's, a South Shore non-profit that works to curb homelessness throughout the Boston area. READ MORE ABOUT OUR EFFORTS WITH FATHER BILL'S.
- Food Pantries throughout New England and Georgia, Corcoran Communities regularly donate non-perishable food items to area food pantries.
- Home for Little Wanderers, 50 West Broadway collects winter clothing that is distributed to Boston's at-risk youths.
- Housing Families of Malden, Lynnfield Commons, Parkside Commons, and Cliffside Commons regularly work with this organization that specializes in finding affordable housing for families and children
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Corcoran employees and residents of Corcoran Communities participate in bike races, walkathons and jewelry parties to fund research for the cause and treatment of juvenile diabetes.
- Keys for Hope, Corcoran residents are asked to donate their old keys to be scrapped for money to fund a program to end hunger in America.
- Operation Backpack, Marks Church and Stevens Creek coordinate drives to collect school supplies and backpacks to distribute to needy children in the greater Augusta, GA area
- Quincy Elder Services, Quincy Commons and Faxon Commons provide monetary donations to fund delivery and transportation services to elders who require extra assistance while living in their own homes.
- Salvation Army of Massachusetts, Corcoran and fellow companies at the 100 Grandview office building in Braintree participate in a holiday charity drive to provide cothing and toys for the Salvation Army. This year we received almost 12 full trash bags stuffed to the brim!
- Scituate Animal Shelter, Kent Village Apartments works to raise funds and collect items to provide sheltered animals with food, blankets, toys, and eventually a proper home
- St. Mary's Center for Women & Children, Corcoran's Corporate office staff organizes annual fundraisers to provide clothing, holiday gifts, and school supplies for the residents of St. Mary's various shelters. At a recent Manager's Meeting Corcoran's Property Managers participated in a team building exercise to put together the parts of a dozen bicycles to offer to former residents of St. Mary's. in 2006 Corcoran won the National Multi Housing Council's Good Neighbor Award for working closely with St. Mary's shelters and its educational programs.
- St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, Residents and staff raise funds and participate in road races to fund worldwide research to find a cure for cancer.
- The One Fund Boston, Corcoran employees provided financial support for victims of the Boston Marathon bombings, and also contributed to a fund to assist a former Corcoran colleague injured at the Marathon.
- Toys for Tots, Together with the U.S. Marine Corps, residents and staff members of numerous Corcoran Communities collect toys and games for distribution to area children at Christmas time.
- Tufts Floating Hospital for Children, Carlton Oaks Apartments and its Property Manager raise money to fund research at Tufts and Boston Medical Center for childhood illnesses.